July 2021 Celebrate Reopening for In-Person Worship
On Sunday, July 25, Rose City Park Presbyterian Church will reopen its doors for in-person worship. After 16 months apart, we can once again be together in more than spirit. It gives us great joy to welcome you back to our beautiful sanctuary!
Together we are one body in Christ, and we all have a responsibility to interact in a way that does not put one another at risk. Our operating protocols are designed to help everyone stay safe while attending services until that happy day when we reach the other side of the pandemic:
- All attendees will be required to wear masks in the building.
- Hand sanitizer and masks (if needed) will be provided at the door.
- Seating is in designated pews only. (Every other row will be roped off.)
- All individuals who attend in-person services are expected to be vaccinated if they are eligible. (everyone over the age of 12 with no allergies to the vaccines)
- Proof of vaccination will not be verified.
- Sanctuary occupancy is not to exceed 100 persons.
- Initially there will be no communion or congregation singing. We expect this to change over time.
- Child care will be provided upon advance request by contacting the church office: email@example.com or (503) 282-0965. Children will be required to wear a mask.
Worship will continue to have an online option for anyone who prefers to attend virtually. As many churches are recognizing, this is a feature that will probably become a permanent practice.
Moving forward, services may look and feel a little different from the pre-pandemic ones. We can expect some bumps in the road while we learn how to provide a safe, high-quality hybrid worship experience. Thank you all for joining us on this exciting new adventure!
Rev. Paulette Mixon-Weller
Reopening Task Force
Worship and Arts Committee
Building and Grounds Committee
March 2021 Dr. Amy Lawrence Discusses Covid-19 and Vaccination
Dr. Lawrence’s presentation slides here.