May 26, 2020 Special Session Meeting
New elders were welcomed. The first steps of forming a reopening committee took place.
May 24, 2020
Please see the message about reopening from Reverends Dornack and Mixon-Weller and the Session of Rose City Park Presbyterian.
May 19, 2020
At the regular monthly meeting, Session began to discuss establishing a task force on reopening the church. Both the Presbytery of the Cascades and PCUSA are issuing volumes of information about the issues individual churches need to consider. Session wants to be fully prepared to consider these complex details. But the bottom line will always be that the virus determines everything we do.
Session is also working with Presbytery to learn how to integrate our virtual committee work with what were once our regular practices.
A Special Request from Stewardship Committee
Currently, we are not able to receive offerings at church. In order to maintain our ministries, programs, and charity support, Stewardship Committee requests offerings be made in one of three ways.
- Write a check and mail it to the church: Rose City Park Presbyterian Church, 1907 NE 45th Ave., Portland, OR 97213
- Make an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your checking account to the church. In order to use an EFT, you would need our bank routing number and our checking number. If you are interested in doing this, please contact our bookkeeper at 503–282-0965 or bookkeeping[at]rosecityparkpres.org for these numbers.
- You may also make a donation by clicking:
To make a pledge or learn more, please contact the church office.
April 21, 2020
At the regular monthly meeting, Session decided that weekly special meetings will continue until we can once again access our building. This helps us feel we are holding each other and all congregation members in our care.
Session is also calling a congregational meeting after worship (11:00 a.m.) on Sunday, May 3, for the purpose of electing new three elders and four deacons.
April 8, 2020
Social Action Committee urges everyone to participate in special COVID-19 giving projects. This week Social Action focuses on the Northeast Emergency Food Program (NEFP). The NEFP, located at 4800 NE 72nd Ave in the Cully neighborhood, provides food to the most vulnerable among us. Learn more about this essential community project on our Social Action page.
March 25, 2020
At Session’s weekly COVID-19 meeting (via Zoom), the following motion was made and approved: Worship in the church building, at a minimum, will be canceled until the governor’s stay-at-home order is lifted. Worship will resume after Session review.
March 23, 2020
Oregon Governor Kate Brown Issues Stay Home Order.
March 22, 2020
Worship for Sunday, March 22 may be found here.
March 21, 2020
Can you help? Multnomah County Health and Portland Fire & Rescue ask Community for Personal Protective Equipment Donations
March 19, 2020
Join us for Sunday Bible Study on March 22. Find information here.
March 18, 2020
- The physical office is closed until further notice.
- Our office staff will be working from home; mail will be picked up and telephone calls returned daily.
- Session will be meeting weekly during this time and has developed a Task Force to respond quickly to immediate needs. Congregation members with concerns about church operations should contact a Session member.
- No groups of 10 or more will meet in the church building. We encourage book groups, etc. to meet online. Even if your church group has fewer than 10 people, please understand that the church will not be open for meetings.
- For now, worship together in the sanctuary is suspended through April 5th. We are working to have daily devotionals, a weekly prayer service, Bible Study, and Sunday worship online. This will take some time to arrange, but information will be coming shortly.
- Please consider joining our Facebook page if you are not on it already. It is not perfect, but provides another platform for us to stay connected during this time.
- Pastor David and Pastor Paulette will be working through this time. You may reach them by email or cell phone.
- Special Session Message