- Elders and Deacons: The Nominating Committee is looking for nominations for elders and deacons. You can nominate yourself or someone else whom you feel has gifts for this ministry. Please contact the office for more information.
As PC (USA) says. the call to serve as elder is a call to serve the spiritual as well as administrative needs of God’s people. It’s a call to build up the body of Christ, which means much more than planning for building repairs or making budget adjustments. It means ensuring that the members of the body have the opportunity to be engaged in the type of ministry and mission that will help them achieve spiritual maturity.
Deacons are called to be servants. By caring for persons in need, deacons reflect the heart of Christianity. As found on PC(USA), the charge to serve as the caring and nurturing arm of the church puts deacons in tune with the needs, joys and sorrows of the congregation and community. “We are commanded to minister to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless and to those in distress within and beyond the community of faith.”
Once we get back to “in person “ church again, the ushering teams are going to be an important part of orchestrating the flow of traffic and people in and out of the church. Right now we’re looking for 3 new ushers to fill our teams or be on the substitute list-willing to help us adjust to the changes we’ll be going through.
- By joining an ushering team, you’ll be assigned to duties three months of the year on a rotating basis.
- Right now we have three spots open to fill our teams.
- It’s going to be an exciting time with many changes when we return, and I hope you’ll consider being a part of the process.
- If you’re interested in joining a team, or finding out more about being a usher, please call the church office.