TO APPLY: Please contact the Rev. Clark Scalera, Advocate for Congregations and Clergy for the Presbytery of the Cascades at: firstname.lastname@example.org (541) 606-5699. Click here to see the job posting.
ROSE CITY PARK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH: Rose City Park Presbyterian Church (RCPPC) is located in the Hollywood District in Portland, Oregon. We are a progressive congregation with strong programmatic connections to the Presbyterian Church (USA): Covenant Network of Presbyterians, More Light, and the Matthew 25 Initiative. Locally, we are one of the founding members of the Interfaith Alliance on Poverty, and our members engage in three food ministry programs. We also share building space with several community non-profit organizations. Our church is known for its continuity in pastoral leadership as our former pastor retired at the end of 2020 after a 21-year ministry.
POSITION: Interim Head Pastor (Full time)
POSITION SUMMARY: In this time of transition and growth, we are ready to welcome an interim pastor who will guide and challenge the congregation to embrace our changing future with enthusiasm and creativity. As recommended by the Presbytery of the Cascades, the interim pastor will assist the congregation in the following: (a) Explore the church’s history; (b) Discover the church’s identity; (c) Empower leadership of the congregation; (d) Affirm the connectional linkage as a Presbyterian church; (e) Make new commitments to the future and new leadership.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Interim Pastor will be accountable to the Personnel Committee and the RCPPC Session as well as the Commission on Ministry of the Presbytery of the Cascades.
ROLES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate pastoral and administrative roles and responsibilities with our full-time Stated Supply Pastor.
- Serve as Head of Staff: lead church staff, support staff development, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Serve as Moderator of Session to assist in sustaining a shared leadership among staff, elders, deacons, and committees; and in addressing matters of congregational governance and administration.
- Provide leadership to the Session and the Stewardship and Finance Committee supporting the financial health of RCPPC.
- Support the continued expansion of technological tools for worship, communication, and outreach.
- Encourage spiritual growth of the congregation through worship, preaching and teaching.
- Support and encourage interactive worship to include eclectic music and the visual and performing arts.
- Share in a ministry of compassion in hospital calling, crisis counseling, and home visitations.
- Administer the sacraments of communion and baptism and officiate at weddings and funerals of members.
- Support the educational programs of children, youth, and families.
- An inspiring preacher who challenges listeners to live out their faith.
- An empathetic listener with a welcoming and energetic presence.
- An experienced administrator and staff supervisor who is comfortable and agile within church systems
TO APPLY: Please contact the Rev. Clark Scalera, Advocate for Congregations and Clergy for the Presbytery of the Cascades at: email@example.com (541) 606-5699.