Adult Discipleship is hosting a film series and discussion in September, October, November, and December with the theme Rooted in Love: Eradicating Systemic Poverty.
The second film is Frozen River. In this movie, life in Massena is as harsh and barren as the frigid landscape. In this bleak terrain, two hardened single mothers are trying to make lives for their children. Lila is a widowed Mohawk whose mother-in-law “stole” her newborn son a year ago. Ray is a mother of two whose gambling-addicted husband just left town with the down payment for their new trailer home.
- Date: October 10
- Time: 12 noon
- Location: Zoom (same link as for Worship Service)
- Feel free to join us with your lunch in hand for an interesting discussion!
- Please join us even if you haven’t seen the movie. We welcome your insights and perspective!
How to watch:
- One Blu-Ray disc is available for checkout from the office
- Available on Amazon Prime with membership
- Available on Netflix with membership