Adult Discipleship is hosting a film series and discussion in September, October, November, and December with the theme Rooted in Love: Eradicating Systemic Poverty.
The fifth film in the series is Cesar Chavez- the story of the famed civil rights leader and labor organizer torn between his duties as a husband and father and his commitment to securing a living wage for farm workers. Chavez embraced non-violence as he battled greed and prejudice in his struggle to bring dignity to people. He inspired millions of Americans who never worked on a farm to fight for social justice. His triumphant journey is a remarkable testament to the power of one individual’s ability to change the world.
- Date: December 12
- Time: 12 noon
- Location: Zoom (same link as for Worship Service)
- Feel free to join us with your lunch in hand for an interesting discussion!
- Please join us even if you haven’t seen the movie. We welcome your insights and perspective!
How to watch:
- One copy available in the office
- Available to rent on Amazon
- DVD available to borrow at Multnomah Public Library (Note: Need to place on hold in advance as it is a popular video.)